Top 5 security plugins for your wordpress blog / website
As you know WordPress is most popular blogging platform, Most of the popular websites using WordPress as content publishing platform. As a result of this popularity, hackers keep trying to break the security of WordPress websites. If your blogging platform on wordpress and you are getting hacking attacks on your blog then this post is for you. Here I have compiled Top 5 security plugins for your wordpress blog / website, With the help of these plugins you can minimize risk of hacking.
1. Wordfence Security
WordPress security is all we do. Secure your WordPress website with Wordfence. Powered by the constantly updated Threat Defense Feed, our Web Application Firewall stops you from getting hacked. Wordfence Scan leverages the same proprietary feed, alerting you quickly in the event your site is compromised. Our Live Traffic view gives you real-time visibility into traffic and hack attempts on your WordPress website. A deep set of additional tools round out the most complete WordPress security solution available.
With over 22 million downloads, Wordfence is the most popular WordPress security plugin available. Wordfence Security is 100% free and open source. We also offer a Premium API key that gives you Premium Support, Country Blocking, Scheduled Scans, Password Auditing, real-time updates to the Threat Defense Feed, two-factor authentication, and we even check if your website IP address is being used to Spamvertize.
* WordPress Firewall
* Blocking Features
* WordPress Login Security
* Security Scanning
* Monitoring Features
* Multi-Site WordPress Security
* IPv6 Compatible
* Major Theme and Plugins Supported
* Free Learning Center
2. All In One WP Security & Firewall
A COMPREHENSIVE, EASY TO USE, STABLE AND WELL SUPPORTED WORDPRESS SECURITY PLUGIN
WordPress itself is a very secure platform. However, it helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
The All In One WordPress Security plugin will take your website security to a whole new level.
This plugin is designed and written by experts and is easy to use and understand.
It reduces security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the latest recommended WordPress security practices and techniques.
* User Accounts Security
* User Login Security
* User Registration Security
* Database Security
* File System Security
* htaccess and wp-config.php File Backup and Restore
* Blacklist Functionality
* Firewall Functionality
* Brute force login attack prevention
* WhoIs Lookup
* Security Scanner
* Comment SPAM Security
* Front-end Text Copy Protection
* Regular updates and additions of new security features
* Works with Most Popular WordPress Plugins
3. BulletProof Security
Secure WordPress Website Security Protection: Firewall Security, Login Security, Database Security & Backup… View Security feature highlights below. View BulletProof Security feature details for specific details about security features. Secure your WordPress website even further by adding additional BulletProof Security Bonus Custom Code (See the BulletProof Security Bonus Custom Code help section). Effective, Reliable & Easy to use WordPress Security Plugin.
* One-Click Setup Wizard
* .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
* Hidden Plugin Folders|Files Cron (HPF)
* Login Security & Monitoring
* Idle Session Logout (ISL)
* Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
* DB Backup: Full|Partial DB Backups | Manual|Scheduled DB Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
* DB Backup Logging
* DB Table Prefix Changer
* Security Logging
* HTTP Error Logging
* FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
* UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
* Extensive System Info
4. iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and obsolete software.
Most WordPress admins don’t know they’re vulnerable, but iThemes Security works to lock down WordPress, fix common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials. With advanced features for experienced users, our WordPress security plugin can help harden WordPress.
* Two-factor authentication
* Brute force protection
* Monitoring core files for any changes
* Ticketed support (for pro users)
* Logging user actions
* Locking out users for multiple incorrect credential attempts
* Forcing the use of secure passwords for specific user roles and file permissions
5. Sucuri Security – Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening
Sucuri is a globally recognized authority in all matters related to website security, with specialization in WordPress Security.The Sucuri Security WordPress Security plugin is free to all WordPress users.It is a security suite meant to complement your existing security posture with
* Security Activity Audit Logging
* File Integrity Monitoring
* Remote Malware Scanning
* Blacklist Monitoring
* Effective Security Hardening
* Post-Hack Security Actions
* Security Notifications