TOP 10 Magento Interview Questions & Answers
TOP 10 Magento Interview Questions & Answers –
Magento is the most commonly used eCommerce platform to create eCommerce websites. Because It is an opensource eCommerce platform written in PHP and MySQL. It becames more powerful and user friendly after release of Magento 2 version. The Magento 2 is fully responsive and allow to create powerful eCommerce online store. So if you are a Magento developer and looking for most common askable Magento interview questions and answers then in this post I am going to share TOP 10 Magento Interview Questions & Answers for you.
Question: What is Magento?
Magento is an ecommerce platform that enables companies to run and manage their ecommerce sites in an optimized way. Magento functions as an open source ecommerce management system. It was first published by a Varien Inc in 2008, before being sold to eBay and ultimately spun off into its own entity. The 2.0 version of Magento arrived in November of 2015 and has improved the platform across the board.
Question: what technology does Magento use?
Magento use PHP as a web server scripting language and MySQL for database.
Question: What are the different versions of Magento?
Following are the different versions of Magento:-
- Magento Commerce
- Magento Order Management
- Magento Business Intelligence
- Magento Shipping
- Magento Social
- Magento Open Source
Question: List product types exist in Magento?
There are 6 standard product types exists in Magento
Question: Why choose Magento for eCommerce website?
There many reasons and feature to choose Magento for eCommerce solutions. some are listed below.
- Its free open source eCommerce platfrom.
- Allows multitasking to merchants to manage things.
- It’s fully responsive to increase shopping experiance.
- It’s enable to create high performance eCommerce system.
- Allows easy integartions of themes and third party tools etc.
- Fully SEO friendly.
- Large Magento developers community to get update and solutions.
Question: In Magento which product types implement a parent-child relationship between product entities?
Configurable, bundle and grouped products implement a parent-child relationship between product entities in Magento.
Question: Are there any limitations to the Magento software?
The Magento software is extremely useful and is one of the top ecommerce platforms available on the market. However, it does require a lot of space and memory. Furthermore, it requires object oriented programming in order to prevent turning into a very complex system. Finally, Magento can be slow in terms of performance, at times. However, these limitations are usually not a significant concern in most cases, and the benefits provided by the Magento Software usually far outweigh any potential issues.
Question: Mention what is the difference between Mage::getModel() and Mage::getSingletone() in Magento?
- Mage::getModel(): It always creates a new object
- Mage: :getSingleton(): It always look for an existing object and if not then creates a new object
Question: How to check status of Cache in Magento 2
By using following command to check Cache status in Magneto 2.
- php bin/magento cache: status: Command to check status of Cache in Magento
Question: Explain how you can enhance the Magento performance?
We can use following methods to enhance the Magento performance
- Disable the Magento log
- Combine external CSS/JS into one file
- Disable any unused modules
- MySQL Query Caching
- Enable Magento caching
- Enable Gzip compression
- Optimize your image
Question: Which billing information can be managed through Magento?
All of the following things can be managed from the client account.
- Adding a credit card
- Adding a PayPal account
- Updating a billing address
- Producing a print-ready receipt
- Viewing your billing history
Considering the fact that Magento is an ecommerce platform it is absolutely critical that all of this billing information can be managed through the platform. This is why all of these things are able to be managed through Magento.
Question: What is the location of modules in Magento 2?
In Magento 2, the modules are located at vendor/magento directory.
Question: What is the difference between “pay” and “capture” operations in Magento?
- Pay: This basically sets the invoice state is ‘paid’, this works for both when payment is online or offline.
- Capture: This is when actual payment processing happens online, and the capture() method in our payment method is called. After capture, pay() is called.
Question: How many tables will be created when you make a new EAV module?
If you make a new EAV module, then six tables will be created. These tables include:
module_datetime, module, module_decimal, module_int, module_text, and module_varchar.